The League of Women Voters® of New Castle invites you to join our
2019-20 League Reads Book Discussion Group
The group is open to all League members and guests. Currently, we are conducting book group discussions remotely via Zoom. Please register in advance for all or any individual meeting.
For more information or to register, please contact lwvnewcastle [at] gmail.com.
Join us at our upcoming meeting:
August 11, 2020, 10 - 11:30 am
How to Be An Antiracist, by Ibram X. Kendi
"Kendi dissects why in a society where so few people consider themselves to be racist the divisions and inequalities of racism remain so prevalent. How to Be an Antiracist punctures the myths of a post-racial America, examining what racism really is -- and what we should do about it." --TIME
Past League Reads Events
- May 7, 2020: Give Us the Ballot: The Modern Struggle for Voting Rights in America, by Ari Berman
- March 5, 2020: Falter: Has the Human Game Begun to Play Itself Out?, by Bill McKibben
- December 12, 2019: Invisible Women: Data Bias in a World Designed for Men, by Caroline Criado Perez
- July 24, 2019: No Visible Bruises, by Rachel Louise Snyder
- May 22, 2018: The Death & Life of the Great American School System, by Diane Ravitch
- April 16, 2018: Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right, by Jane Mayer
- February 27, 2018: Our Kids: The American Dream in Crisis, by Robert D. Putnam
- March 27, 2017: The Presidency in Black and White: My Up-Close View of Three Presidents and Race in America, by April Ryan
- January 23, 2017: All the Single Ladies: Unmarried Women and the Rise of an Independent Nation, by Rebecca Traister
- October 24, 2016: Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, by Irin Carmon and Shana Knizhnik
If you decide to buy through Amazon, please consider ordering through Amazon SMILE, as we receive 0.5% percent for all Amazon purchases through that link.
Your League Reads Committee, Lea Barth, Sheila Bernson, Jennifer Mebes Flagg, Carol Zerbe Hurford, Alicia Molloy